Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Blah...

That's how I'm feeling about music right now. Any advice? I can't seem to write a damn thing. My guitar sits by me all day long and I have absolutely no desire to play it. Nothing. That's frustrating to me.

On the political side of things... This election was Hillary Clintons to lose and she did just that. Don't get me wrong. I like Obama, but he had an uphill battle and I am not sure how much he really did to solidify anything, Hillary just keeps screwing up. I'm okay with her losing, but I don't think Obama has done enough to get the general election. I hope he has.

Speaking of Hillary... I'm all for the ethical treatment of people of every nation and every race. That being said, how will boycotting the opening ceremony of the olympics help that? She thinks in support of Tibet, we should boycott opening ceremonies. That hurts two groups. American broadcasting companies and athletes. The broadcast in every other country will still be widely watched and China doesn't care if we show up or not, the show will go on. However, US companies will lose viewers. It's also the first olympics for a lot of athletes and they would love to be a part of that. So, yeah, let's bring Tibet up in every interview, let's make signs, let's wear clothing emblazoned with Free Tibet slogans, but let's be logical. Who are we trying to reach?

No comments: